Bon Bon Bon Workshops with the Babes Babes Babes
Any of the dates below! (Scroll to see.)
The Bon Bon Bon Manufactory
11360 Joseph Campau
Hamtramck, MI 48212
MORE CLASSES TO COME
Bon Bon Bon's Classic Bon Bon Bon Making Chocolate Workshop
The Babes Babes Babes of Bon Bon Bon open their kitchen now and then to the public for a fun little night of Bon Bon Bon lore, good people, food science and technique! As we do not teach often, these workshops tend to sell out quickly, so if you are interested, we recommend that you sign up right away. If the event that you would like is already sold out, it's totally ok! There will be more coming up for sure! At Bon Bon Bon's Bon Bon Bon making workshop, you will:
- Develop your own flavor of Bon Bon Bon using the fillings that you made and a wide variety of inclusions and toppings.* You will develop your Bon concept, make it, package it, and bring it home to show off to friends! But don't stress. We spend the first part of the class getting you ready for this process by:
- Learn a little bit about how we work and how we got started on our Bon-making adventure. Hear a bit of history about the history of our little shop and the odd little formerly corrupt building that it inhabits!
- Learn about our unique Bon-making technique and why we make Bons the way that we do! This is all about our obsession with quality and goodness. You'll learn why and where we source our chocolate from where we do, why our product and packaging are designed the way that they are, what we do on a daily basis, the process and how and why we have protected it.
- Follow our recipes to create one of the many Bon flavors that lives on our regular menu of Bons.
- Go home with a box of 12 Bons (unless you eat them all at the workshop, which is okay, too) that you made with your new friends in class!
- In case you were worried, Chocolate will be available for purchase after the class. The class can run a little longer or a little shorter, depending on how many questions you have and how fast the team works. Also:
*Have no fear, if something goes terribly, awfully wrong, it's okay, we are happy to send you home with our Bons instead!
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- If you can see over our 30" worktables, you are welcome to join us with an adult! We are always thrilled to have a kid or two around. Note to parents: your kid might be better at making chocolate than you are, just be ready!
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- There is ample street parking available in front of the shop on Joseph Campau as well as for free on the neighborhood streets surrounding the shop.
What should I bring to the workshop?
- Please bring an appetite for chocolate, a babe-like attitude and a dream. You may eat more chocolate throughout the workshop than you are accustomed to and so we recommend that you come with a full stomach, just in case! If you don’t have much time, here are a few of our staff favorite spots nearby
- Yemen Café – Our fav Yemeni food, or maybe just plain food in Hamtramck
- Main Street Grill – A Coney with great hours
- Royal Kebob – quick and delish a local fav for Mediterranean
- Polish Village – in the basement, can get busy but worth the wait!
- Fat Salmon Sushi – across the street our favorite quick lunch with the nicest owners
What if we want to grab a drink before/after?
- We ask that you arrive sober as you may be handling propane, butane, sharp or hot instruments, or industrial equipment. That said, many of us like to have a beer after work, too! These are all family owned, tiny businesses so please check the hours to make sure that they are open, just in case!
- Before the workshop:
- Whisky in the Jar should be open! Check ‘em out here: https://www.facebook.com/hamtramckwhiskey
- Suzy’s is a Hamtramck classic – you’ll we welcomed by locals, usually. Be ready for a shot upon arrival, just in case. https://www.facebook.com/suzysbarhamtown/
- After the workshop:
- We adore Bumbo’s! https://www.facebook.com/bumbosrestaurant/
- Or any of the Above!
What should I wear into the workshop?
- Definitely wear closed toe shoes. (No judgment to all your cute summer sandals.) Be comfortable and don’t wear your Sunday best! Chocolate stains afterall. We want you to be comfortable and we welcome you to bring an apron, your pajamas, whatever you are comfortable getting a little chocolate-y.
Who teaches the workshop?
- One of our most qualified and beloved Bonified babes! With a Bon Bon Bon assistant or two, of course.
Do I watch you make chocolate or do I actually get to participate in the process?
- You get to make your own Bons, so you get to watch, participate and sample.
Do I have to do dishes?
- Nope! We got you.
Is Hamtramck Safe?
- We live here, work here and walk our little dogs here. We feel very safe and hope that you do, too! We recommend you take the same safety precautions that you usually would.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- The best way to contact us is by emailing us at BonBonBon@BonBonBon.com! Let us know if you have any questions or concerns and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
What's the refund policy?
- We will begin preparing for your class one week ahead of time. Up until that time (7 days prior) we are happy to refund your ticket! Once it gets closer to the date, you are welcome to change the name on your ticket in the case of an emergancy (i.e. give it to a friend or relative) but we cannot refund the ticket as we have already prepared for your arrival.
This agreement contains a waiver of claims based on negligence.
Bon Bon Bon is dedicated to culinary education and is proud to have an outstanding facility in a historical Hamtramck building. Our classes are intended for your education and enjoyment. They are conducted under the direction and supervision of professional instructors and may be either demonstration or hands-on classes, at our discretion. Your participation is strictly voluntary and does not constitute employment. Because culinary activities can present risks, Bon Bon Bon depends on you to use your good judgment and reasonable care for your own safety and the safety of others. Please follow the directions of the chef or staff member carefully. If you have any questions, whatsoever, about your ability to safely follow any instructions you are given, please immediately alert the chef or a staff member. In consideration for your participation in an activity at Bon Bon Bon, and by signing this form, you acknowledge, agree and understand that your participation is voluntary and you assume the risks associated with the culinary activity in which you will be participating. Such risks may include, but are not limited to, the risk of physical injury or harm. You further agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless Bon Bon Bon, LLC. from any and all claims arising out of an injury, disability, or death resulting from your participation in culinary classes. This waiver specifically includes any claims made by you arising from the alleged negligent acts of Bon Bon Bon, LLC., its employees, agents and any related parent and/or subsidiary entities. Thank you for coming and we hope you enjoy your culinary experience here at Bon Bon Bon.